Vanilla Sponge Drops
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp Heilala Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200ml cream, whipped
- 1 tsp Heilala Vanilla Paste
- Heilala Vanilla Sugar for dusting
- 1 x 85g packet raspberry jelly
- 1 cup raspberry puree (puree 1 ½ cups thawed frozen raspberries in a food processor then press through a coarse sieve to extract raspberry seeds).
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C (fan bake) or 190⁰C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Put the jelly crystals in a bowl, pour over 1 cup of boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add the raspberry puree and mix well. Pour into wet small, wet patty tins, cover and leave to set.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and using an electric beater, beat until the mixture is very thick. Sift the flour and baking powder together and carefully fold into the egg mixture.
- Drop teaspoonfuls onto the prepared trays and bake for about 5 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and using a palette knife lift drops onto a wire rack to cool.
- Flavour the cream with the vanilla paste.
- Sandwich 2 drops together with the flavoured whipped cream and raspberry jelly. Dust with vanilla sugar before serving.