Roasted Coconut Vanilla Pears
- 4 large firm but ripe pears
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 Heilala Vanilla Bean, split open
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Vanilla yoghurt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200⁰C. Line a shallow roasting dish with baking paper.
- Place coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan and melt over a low heat.
- Halve pears and remove core (if wished). Place halved pears cut side down in the prepared dish with the Heilala Vanilla Bean.
- Drizzle pears with coconut oil and honey. Cover with baking paper and foil and place in the oven to roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove pears from oven and remove foil and paper. Turn pears over and baste.
- Return to oven uncovered for a further 20 minutes until pears are soft and flesh is translucent.
- Grate over orange zest and serve warm with vanilla yoghurt.