Raspberry Chocolate BrownieServes 12
- 1 ½ cups pitted dates or use 15 large Medjool dates, stones removed
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder, plus 1 tbsp
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp Heilala Vanilla Extract or Heilala Vanilla Paste
- 1 heaped tsp gluten free baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 ½ cups raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 165⁰C. Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Place pitted dates in a bowl and just cover with warm water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes then drain well. If using medjool dates there is no need to soak them.
- Place softened dates in the bowl of a food processor and process until roughly chopped.
- Add the sunflower seeds, cocoa powder, Heilala Coconut Oil, Heilala Vanilla Extract, baking powder and spices. Process to combine.
- Add the eggs and coconut and process until all is just combined. Spoon mixture into a large bowl and fold through the raspberries.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Place in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes until slightly firm to the touch and lightly brown around the edges.
- Leave to cool before slicing. Brownie will keep for 5 days in the refrigerator.